We’ll have a few landscaping projects at the new house, but I was happy to discover that the previous owner had planted a number of beautiful flowers in the yard. This bright red fuchsia plant is my favorite.
Bonus: There’s another pink fuchsia plant too.
Not sure what these are, but they’re pretty.
Our real estate agent was telling me about this plant, which smells like lemon when you rub it.
Randomly, in the front of the house there is a poinsettia.
I don’t think I’ve ever seen one that wasn’t in a pot around Christmastime.
There are two plants that have got to go, though. These hedges are awful!
I think our main landscaping goals are:
• clear out the side yard and plant grass so the dogs can use it
• clear out some other overgrown plants and replace them with berry bushes and a strawberry patch
• add more plants to the front garden so that the ugly pipes are covered up
• replace the sod out front with a fruit tree and drought-resistant ground cover
• steal oranges from the neighbors — just kidding!